Ipas works globally with a vision that every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. As part of the broader reproductive justice movement, Ipas is working to ensure that abortion and contraceptive care are essential health services—and that all people can access them. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights. Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender based violence prevention and response, and women-led climate justice.
The Finance and Administration Officer role provides technical support to the Finance and Administration unit. He/she is responsible for financial management of Partner Organization management, timely update of expenses in financial software. This position is expected to use initiatives to resolve work issues independently and to resolve problems and deviations in accordance with established practices. This position works under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Ipas Nepal, Katmandu, Nepal
Terms: Fixed term on annual contract
Reporting: Finance and Administration Manager
- Work closely with partner organizations’ finance staff/teams on project financial reporting.
- Monitor the accuracy and alignment of partner organizations’ approved budget and expenditure.
- Capacity building of the partner organization’s financial systems and financial reporting through regular monitoring and orientation.
- Payments and financial dealing to be made in compliance with the donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain and enter accurate and complete records of financial transactions in Ipas global ERP system/Workday.
- Maintain proper filing of vouchers and backup documents, and safe storage of cheque books and banking documents.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and reconcile account balances.
- Assist the team to prepare salary sheets, salary deposit, tax calculation and timely calculation and deposit of the organization and staff tax liabilities.
- Timely deposit of tax and staff retirement fund to related organization.
- Support the efficient running of Ipas Nepal financial team and assist to strengthen the internal control and finance & administration management system, as necessary.
- Support the organization and management of internal and statutory audits.
- Manage and support in the logistic and travel arrangements for project activities.
- Ensure that organizational administrative documentation is up-to-date and filed in place for proper documentation.
- Support in the logistics management for training, workshops, and monitoring visits for national and international events.
- Maintain proper inventory record of goods and equipment owned by Ipas Nepal.
- Ensure relevant inventory and assets management control systems are in place and complied with.
- In close coordination with the finance and administration team assist in the preparation of the organization’s annual budget, monthly financial reports, and project donor reports.
- Will travel frequently to Ipas Nepal program districts.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the organization.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Candidate with ACCA or CA or a master’s degree (in business administration, or business studies or management with specialization in finance or accounting).
- Must have at least 4 years or more relevant professional experience in finance, administration, and auditing.
- Experience of audit and management of PNGO is preferred.
- With excellent knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and taxation.
- Excellent in using various computer applications such as word, excel, accounting software, ERP system.
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized, efficient, and able to meet deadlines.
- With good oral and written communication skills in both English and Nepali.
- Candidate with work experience with different donor-funded projects will be an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as “Application for Finance and Administration Officer”. Please make an online application and submit your documents through the link given:
Application deadline is Sunday, 1 August 2021
Ipas Nepal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we want to achieve this by aligning diversity and inclusion through affirmative actions in our recruitment and selection process. To initiate this positive action, we have a provision for affirmative actions for socially excluded and marginalized groups. To make an inclusive workforce that includes the marginalized, disadvantaged and socially excluded population and women. To bring people from various social backgrounds, gender, caste/ethnicity, cultures, religions, and races. To bring gender balance and social inclusion in the workforce composition.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.